In Vario • DIY Set Composting Toilet
In Vario - DIY Kit for Composting toilet
Composting toilets kit complete set with solids container and urine canister
- With Privy 503 wooden divider OR
- With Privy 501 plastic divider insert
You can use this composting toilet kit for installation in motor homes, sport boats or weekend houses. You can use the In-Vario composting toilet as an "all-in-one" toilet (i.e. with integrated solid tank and urine canister), as well as by using a larger separate tank.
This composting or dry toilet kit is made of stable spruce multi-layer board and is delivered disassembled. You can use this kit for the installation in mobile homes, sport boats and weekend houses. You can use the In-Vario self-construction composting toilet as an "all-in-one" toilet (i.e. with integrated solid tank and urine canister), as well as with the use of a larger separate tank (different sizes see here).
The tanks are removed via the hinged lid, from above. This way you can install the toilet even in a narrow bathroom. The housing of the toilet is untreated "natural" and can be painted or glazed in your favorite color. This composting toilet kit is prepared for an optional fan for suction, but it is not included in the delivery. A suitable fan is available on request.
You can also connect an external urine tank. There is already a hole drilled for this.
The In Vario construction set can also be ordered without a urine separator and urine canister. Simply write to us or order the assembled kits in the variants:
- In Vario Set separating toilet with Privy 503 wooden seat or
- In Vario Set separating toilet with Privy 501 plastic seat
- housing made of spruce multilayer board 20 mm, untreated
- Urine Separator insert Polypropylene by injection molding
- Separett Privy 503 birch wood painted, toilet seat and lid or
- Separett Privy 501 plastic toilet seat
- Housing (W/ H/ D): 44/ 45/ 48 cm
- Separating insert: (L/ B) 45/ 37,5 cm
- Solids container: (W/H/D) 38/27/ 23.5 cm
- Urine canister: (W/H/D) 27/27/ 17 cm
- approx. 16 kg
- up to 150 kg load capacity
The In Vario Set can be varied individually. You will receive the housing with the ordered containers and a Privy 501 divider in gray. The housing is delivered disassembled and must first be screwed together. We recommend to seal the wooden case with varnish or glaze. Then the containers can be inserted and the In Vario construction set is ready for use. To cover and dry the solids you should add litter. There is the option to retrofit a fan. The housing is already pre-drilled for the fan and the cable. So you can improve the drying of the solids.
The 10ℓ urine canister should be emptied every 2-4 days and the solids container with 16.6ℓ every 2-3 weeks when used by 2 persons. You can use the diluted urine as fertilizer in the garden or pour it into the sewage system. The solids are either disposed of in the household waste or can be composted on the compost.
- wooden housing disassembled incl. mounting material
- Separating insert Separett Privy 501, gray, or
- Separating insert Separett Privy 503 wood, gray
- Solid material container 1 6.6ℓ with lid
- Urine canister 10ℓ with wide neck opening and lid
This kit will be delivered with the selected urine separator insert (please select when ordering).